Primary Practice Areas:
Real Estate and Business Transactions;
Banking and Financial Services; and
United States Air Force Academy (1979-1982); Hamilton College (B.A. – 1984); University of Connecticut School of Law (J.D. – 1987)
Connecticut; Massachusetts; United States District Court, District of Connecticut; United State District Court, District of Massachusetts
Victor Morganthaler’s practice includes a variety of business and commercial real estate transactions for individuals, businesses, owners, developers, municipalities, tenants, lenders and borrowers. Victor has extensive experience in all phases of real estate projects, including the acquisition, design, development, permitting, subdivision, financing and leasing of regional malls, educational facilities, solar power projects, retail and office complexes and industrial facilities. His construction practice includes all stages of the construction process, including preparation and negotiation of bid, construction and design contract documents.
Representative transactions in which Mr. Morganthaler has recently been engaged include:
- Prepared and negotiated architect and construction contracts for over 50 commercial projects, including most recently for a development consisting of 78 residential apartment units and 22,500 square feet of commercial space and for a project consisting of a 63,000 square foot educational facility.
- Closed commercial mortgage loans for mutual and life insurance companies secured by commercial and industrial office buildings, national grocery-anchored retail centers and apartment complexes, including most recently a $11.6 million loan secured by three separate industrial properties and a $14 million loan secured by a Big Y shopping center.
- Prepared and negotiated over 1 GW of supply agreements, purchase orders and related construction contracts for renewable energy projects, including most recently a 200 MW master supply agreement for a portfolio of Minnesota projects.
- Represented hotel owners and operators in the acquisition and financing of hotels in various states, including most recently a boutique hotel in Park City, Utah containing 130 guest rooms and a restaurant and bar.
- Prepared and negotiated purchase and sale agreements for land being developed for educational facilities. Most recently closed a land purchase for a 145,000 square foot magnet high school. Prepared and negotiated the architect and construction contracts for such school as well as the bidding documents.
- Representation of purchasers in the acquisition, financing and leasing of various retail, commercial and office buildings in various states, including most recently the acquisition and financing of an office complex in North Charleston, South Carolina.
- Prepared and negotiated leases for various commercial and industrial buildings, including most recently a lease of 60,000 square feet for the operation of an educational facility and for general office purposes.
- Represented purchaser of a $44 million specialized manufacturing facility, involving environmental remediation issues and leasing matters.
- Representation of institutional financial services company in its facility leasing and construction activities, including most recently the design and construction of 100,000 square feet of new office space.
- Preparation and negotiation of supply agreements, purchase orders and warranty agreements for a manufacturing company of renewable energy products and industrial goods.
- Drafting and negotiation of construction service agreements, design-build agreements and architect agreements on behalf of municipalities, regional education service centers, private schools, developers, a national financial services company and a Fortune 500 American manufacturer.
- Represented a real estate investment trust from 1994 founding until 2000, which was engaged in the acquisition and operation of approximately 90 multifamily and specialty retail properties and had a gross value of approximately $700 million.
Member, Hartford County Bar Association
Member, Connecticut Bar Association